Chef Paolo Monti
Chef Paolo Monti Graduated from Catering College in Montecatini Teme, in Tuscany in 1970. After graduation Paolo spent almost 20 years abroad perfecting his language skills and working in the restaurant and hotel business. Chef Paolo speaks fluent Italian, English, German, French and Spanish which he picked up from his coworkers! His passion took him to Germany, England, Oman. Bahrain and finally USA, where he opened a restaurant in Florida,
In 1991 Returned to his native Tuscany with a wealth of experience and food knowledge. Was appointed manager of a hotel In Perugia, Umbria, where he started his cooking classes in 1993. In 1995 he built his first website. In 1996 started as general manager of Grand Hotel Portovenere in Portovenere, near Cinque Terre. He continued his cooking classes there and was chosen for a segment on Discovery Channel "Virtual Appetites" about people using internet for business, it was aired for three years all over the world. His cooking classes started to become very popular and emails arrived from all over the world.
In 2009 acquired the Restaurant La Cantina Di Carignano,
Tuscan Sun Holiday Suites
choose our apartments for your stay in Lucca, Four newly remodeled apartments with brand new bathrooms, air conditioning, heating, wi-fi, very spacious and comfortable, minimum 55 sq. meters., Located in the green countryside only 4.5 km from the center of Lucca. Ample breakfast with yogurt, fruits juices, croissants and cappuccino, cold cuts etc. for more information and reservation click here
The Cooking School
Join one of our 7 day cooking programs, Based in Tuscany with the accent on cooking, with 50 to 60 recipes, field trips to market and wine tasting, all rounded up with sumptuous dinners and wine!
Join us in one of the 9 day Cooking and cultural Tours
- Piemonte: with truffles, Barolo wine and chocolate and refined cuisine
- Napoli and Sorrento: with the beauty of the Amalfi coast and Vesuvius, pizza and mozzarella!
- Sicily: with its fish dishes, great wines and Greek temples, to experience the delicious cuisine and wines from different parts of Italy
recommended in the winter
Mexico and Thailand!
The Cucina Italiana, also known as Mediterranean Cuisine, is one of the most delicious but also one of the easiest to cook, the secret is in the ingredients: good extra virgin olive oil, fresh vegetables and herbs and of course fresh fish and meats
We are blessed with a wonderful rich soil and perfect mix of sunshine and rain in Italy, and we have the best produce! Tasty tomatoes, vegetables good meats mostly organic, no hormones in Italy! With ingredients like this it is not difficult to cook, anybody can do it!
- Our goal Is to teach you to make the easy delicious, healthy dishes like my mother used to make and lots of other recipes, ranging from pasta, risotto, fish, meat, soups, pizza and focaccia as well as vegetarian and vegan classes. - Classes are taught in a lighthearted atmosphere, because
cooking is FUN!
- We use easy techniques and short cooking times to produce amazingly delicious, beautiful and healthy dishes!!
Chef Paolo Cooking Tours
Via per Sant'aessio n 3684, 55100 Lucca
Tel +39 3386718641