Chef Paolo Monti
Chef Paolo Monti Graduated from Catering College in Montecatini Teme, in Tuscany in 1970. After graduation Paolo went to Germany for 3 years and to England for 5 years to perfect his language skills, Chef Paolo speaks fluent Italian, English, German, French and Spanish which he picked up from his coworkers!
In 1979 moved to Oman and Bahrain in the Arabian Gulf to further his career.
In Bahrain after working as a restaurants manager in a hotel, was offered to run an Italian restaurant, La Taverna, he introduced traditional Italian cuisine and the restaurant became very quickly the most popular restaurant in Bahrain. In 1987 he decided with his partners to open a restaurant in the Miami area.
- Opened another La Taverna in Pembroke pines Fl. After three years he became homesick for Italy and moved back to his native Tuscany. In 1991 Was appointed manager of a hotel In Perugia, Umbria, where he started his cooking classes in 1993. In 1995 he built his first website. In 1996 started as general manager of Grand Hotel Portovenere in Portovenere, near Cinque Terre. He continued his cooking classes there and was chosen for a segment on Discovery Channel "Virtual Appetites" about people using internet for business, it was aired for three years all over the world. His cooking classes started to become very popular and emails arrived from all over the world.
In 2009 acquired the Restaurant La Cantina Di Carignano,
The cooking School
- The Cucina Italiana, also known as Mediterranean Cuisine, is one of the most delicious but also one of the easiest to cook, the secret is in the ingredients: good extra virgin olive oil, fresh vegetables and herbs and of course fresh fish and meats
- We are blessed with a wonderful rich soil and perfect mix of sunshine and rain in Italy, and we have the best produce! Tasty tomatoes, vegetables good meats mostly organic, no hormones in Italy! With ingredients like this it is not difficult to cook, anybody can do it!
- Our goal Is to teach you to make the easy delicious, healthy dishes like my mother used to make and lots of other recipes, ranging from pasta, risotto, fish, meat, soups, pizza and focaccia as well as vegetarian and vegan classes.
- Classes are taught in a lighthearted atmosphere, because cooking is FUN!
- We use easy techniques and short cooking times to produce amazingly delicious, beautiful and healthy dishes!! - Join us in a fun cooking class and sumptuous lunch!
Chef Paolo Monti's Cooking and cultural tours
Cooking programs start every sunday of the year
Join one of our 7 day cooking programs, Based in Tuscany with the accent on cooking, with 50 to 60 recipes, field trips to market and wine tasting, all rounded up with somptuous dinners and wine!
Jou us in one of the 9 day Cooking and cultural Tours
- Piemonte: with truffles, Barolo wine and chocolate and refined cuisine
- Napoli and Sorrento: with the beauty of the Amalfi coast and Vesuvius, pizza and mozzarella!
- Sicily: with its fish dishes, great wines and Greek temples, to experience the delicious cuisine and wines from different parts of Italy